Sunday, January 11, 2009

A wonderful day at the temple

Scott and I both got to go to the temple with the youth yesterday.
The temple in "our area" is in Oklahoma. We had 9 girls and I think 10 boys.
Our total group was 29, we took four mini vans since none of the fifteen passenger vans in the ward are reliable. We left the church at 9:20 am and didn't get back until almost 10:30 pm. When we got to the temple they lined the youth up in a straight line they stood still and quiet for almost ten minutes. (only in the temple)
Then everyone went into the little locker rooms to change. Everyone helped each other and took turns and were just happy to be there.
I watched them as they did their part and had the pleasure of giving them their towels when they were done. I felt a little guilty not sharing that experience so a little more than half way through I traded off with one of the other sisters.
I helped the girls if they needed anything or had any questions about where they were supposed to be and I got to help with the laundry. I say I got to help with the laundry because I enjoyed working with the sister from the temple, we had a wonderful visit and it is so organized. I know it is the temple and that there will be order in all things in the Lords house, but it is hard to imagine such order even in the laundry.
I was so busy helping rotate, fold and even put away that I didn't realize everyone else was done with their cleaning and had gotten dressed. We were off in another room away from everything. I was the only one they were waiting on. They came looking for me and informed me. =$ They didn't mind and thought it was funny and typical for me to get caught up in getting things done.
I excused my self and was ready in three minutes.
It was so fast that several in the group commented on it and on of the sisters wanted to know if I had taken a secret passage to get back there because no-one even saw me pass them. Since I had kept them waiting I was glad that they realized I hurried not to keep them waiting any longer. The next stop was Cici's pizza and they were hungry.
The competition was on, who could eat the most. I Let them know the only reason they won was because Nickie wasn't there. She has a hollow leg or something. She can put away the pizza and has managed to win every trip that I know of.
We won't mention names but on of the leaders was blowing paper wads at our youth and some of the other leaders. It was all in good fun and didn't last long, before he got caught and sweet, quiet, and not messy revenge was taken.
The ride home was quiet and peaceful.
We got home and were being filled in on the day at home, when James came into the kitchen and threw up all over the floor.
I went to get him a bucket and found that he had a trail from his room and all over his bed. I got him a bucket and he waited for us to finish cleaning up. I made up his bed and tucked him back in sure that his belly was empty. poor thing.
Thank you Scott for your help with the bed. I got done with the last of the laundry about 12:30. He didn't get sick any more and is feeling better this morning but still a little under the weather.
Joseph slept through everything last night and slept in this morning too.
That is not like him, so I kept him home too. Brooklyn and Haylee stayed home to help them fight this off and keep from possibly exposing the many older and very young they would come in contact with. Better to be safe than sorry.

I had a wonderful day at the temple and I am glad we made it home for James when he needed us the most. I am also glad that Heather didn't have to be elbow deep in that. I know she would have and I am glad she didn't have to.
She stayed with the kids yesterday and they had a lot of fun. The house was clean and so were all the kids. She did everything just as I would have, she has been watching. Thank you Heather.

Today I am thankful for a day of rest.

1 comment:

Anna Beal said...

I can sympathize with the temple being a "commute" away. When we lived in Laramie, we had to drive 3 1/2 hours just to get there. So basically we had to find someone to watch our child....ALL DAY, while we went to Denver. Sounds like it was a good time.