Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The game


Haylee likes to play this game with her dad. He gets up out of his computer chair and she steals his spot. Then she smiles and wiggles her whole little body announcing in a chanting sort of way, ever so sweetly, "I stole your spot". She also steals his spot on his side of the bed. When this announcement is made he is supposed to come lay down on the bed like he doesn't know she is there and pretend his bed is wiggly and lumpy.
Then make her his pillow until she is ready to play with someone else.
Last night I was laying on my stomach on the bed and she made herself comfortable on my back. She saw her Dad get up and it was on! She leaped off me and across the bed like a ballerina (but with the speed of an Olympic runner) in two steps she was in his chair. He saw her start for it but she was too fast. She got the chair.
Way to go Haylee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The three year old is a Formidable opponent for this ever aging old man!! :)

Julia said...

Haha. That's my little sister!