Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today I see it clearly

I have been told all of my life that the end is coming and we must be prepared. I have believed it would happen... I just couldn't see it in my life time.
Now, I believe things will change and that I could be here to see it.
We have also had many ice storms and I felt the need to have the required food and water for our home. We have 14 children, 8 of them still live at home.
Those who don't live at home are not quiet self sufficient and would need our help.
That is a lot of preparation. The cars we own are not our only financial set back yet, seem to be the biggest one.
I am thrilled about the lower gas prices and have decided to set aside what we saved to buy our food storage.
I have the best adviser in these things ever and she lives right next door. Mom Willis said I needed a ton of canning jars. She didn't say a ton she actually calculated it up.... it was a lot! They are a seasonal item and can't be found now.
I took my advise and prayed for what I needed.
Scott found jars online but then found out the shipping was $90.00.
The next day I took Jordan to work. She was out of Soda water and asked me if I would go to the dollar general and get her one. I said yes, reluctantly.
I had Haylee and it was cool outside....I went in and since I was there I looked around for canning jars. Then I asked the store manager. He said he had one box left and told me where I would find it. I went and got it but had to go back and ask if he could order more. He said no but the other man beside him was a store manager across town and he had a bunch. I got Scott from work and we bought all they had.
Eighteen doz quart jars and three dozen pint jars! They were less than we would have paid on line too. These jars were in the back, I had to ask for them and I wouldn't have been there at all if it weren't for Jordan and my willingness to serve her that morning. God answered my prayer.
I am a spoiled daughter of our Heavenly Father and today I see it clearly.

No comments: