Tuesday, November 4, 2008



Christmas is my favorite time of year. For me along with the birth of Christ and the special feeling it gives me I love to give.
I am a power shopper mostly because I don't like to do it and usually get it over with asap but Christmas is different, I start months in advance and enjoy every minute.
I love to find the perfect gift and the look on their faces when they get it is the best present I could get. I also like to save money so if I got it on sale that is even better.
One of our new family traditions is to get the kids together and give them a certain amount of money so they can shop for each other. No one who works at Wal mart has complained yet. We have done it for the past four years and will do it again this year. I think it is the kids favorite part too. I love to see them trying to be all sneaky hiding from each other and from us too some times.
It is a lot of fun! We pair them up and give them names to shop for and they have really gotten into the the spirit.
Jordan shows the look that makes my heart melt.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

With a billion kids, that sounds like an expensive tradition. Actually, with a billion kids, Christmas ITSELF sounds like an expensive tradition!!! I don't know how you do it!

Laura Willis said...

I have to say it is a little crazy to prepare for, and it is a blast.
We have to set a limit $20 each is still a lot, but it is as fun as Christmas morning watching them find the perfect gift for someone else.
They are so excited that we have to do it really close to Christmas to help them keep it a secret. They just can't wait.
I am the oldest of many and my mom was very thrifty, I thank her for passing that on.
Thank you for reading and your comment. It is fun to keep in touch with everyone. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

That is a good idea! We'll have to do that when the boys are old enough to understand.