Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

I want to share my ten year olds and their testimonies of their Heavenly Father.





Brooklyn came to me in tears. She said that she had been moody a lot lately. She said that she said her prayers but it wasn’t the same as when she used to study a lot. She said that she wanted to know more and she felt so bad that she didn’t all ready know it. She cried and I felt bad for her but felt good that she had such a desire. I hugged her and told her we would take more time to learn what she wanted to know.
Scott and I get up at 5:15 to say prayer with the seminary children and go back to bed. On Monday’s he has to check to be sure that reports were run before he goes back to bed. There was a soft knock on the door about 5:45, Scott was still up so he answered. He hugged Joseph and told him it was only a dream. Joseph went back to bed for a few minutes till it was time to get him up for school.
When I came in he told me that it wasn’t a bad dream that scared him that it must have been the cats fighting outside his bedroom window. His reasoning was that it sounded like cats and that he always prays before going to be that he will have a good night sleep and have no bad dreams.
What he said made sense and I did have four more kids to get moving for school.
When I thought about it later I realized that this was an important link in his testimony.
When he woke up, it was sudden and he was scared, he went down stairs for comfort and reassurance.
Then in his bed wide awake he decided it couldn’t be a bad dream because he had prayed like he always does that he wouldn’t have them, so it must have been a cat because Heavenly Father always answers prayers.

No comments: