Friday, June 20, 2008

My time at work outside the home


This is me at Bright Ideas Enrichment Center.
We had three cars break down with in a week and six kids in braces. We had made arrangements with a couple of the kids to make their own payments in exchange for good running cars before they left home and a mission. One of the children changed their mind and another needed the car sooner than expected and we ended up in a financial tail spin. We knew me working would be temporary and that made it easier. Being a full time mom and a full time employee takes a lot out of anyone and effects the family but I was glad that I could be in the field that I was. I was able to take Haylee with me for half the cost and never worked weekends. The best thing about working is that I love kids and teaching. It is hard when the children aren't yours and you don't set the rules. I came home with a lot of stories of some of my worst days. I think my children saw the best of my sense of humor then.
I also had an opportunity to share my beliefs and testimony with my co workers and that was worth the whole experience. I hope I have made some lasting friendships and I know I have made a lasting impression on the children. I am happy to be at home and happy for the experience.

No comments: