Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lunch with Grandpa

Today will be a rough day. We will go to church and Dad won't be there.
I thought about this and cried again. I looked at our youngest sleeping so peacefully and saw that she had gathered a collection of her favorite things to keep beside her as she slept. A small pocket Bible given to her from Nursery, some bracelets, a note book, a baby doll and a picture of her grandpa on top of it all.
He had the strongest bond with everyone he came in contact with no matter what age they were. Dad and Haylee had lunch together on Monday. What a precious memory that is for us. Mom made him a spinach tortilla. She told Haylee and I that he liked the plain ones better. Haylee watched closely while mom put the beans, lettuce, and cheese on top. When Dad came in to eat Haylee asked him if he liked the tortilla he laughed and said not really, then she asked him if he liked the stuff on top and said yes. Then she decided to eat hers. I will put that in a journal for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats really cute mom, I really like it. Especially along with everything Haylee had she had a picture of grandpa with her. I love you.