Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun at the park




I am sometimes guilty of being in a hurry. I was once told that moms are in a hurry but grandmas and aunts aren't? When I was with my nieces and nephews I was mindful of this. Now I am going to be a grandma, will this make me more aware?
We do have to be at base ball practice at a certain time but once we get there we have time to relax and play. On Monday the practices are an hour apart and since it is on a school night I take the other kids home so they can get baths and homework done and it is just Joseph and I the last hour. On Thursday practice is back to back so we play for two hours it is a school night but we are done by 7 so it isn't so bad.
I keep an eye on them in a small friendly area and relax. Of course after that there is a mad dash to the house to get everyone bathed and settled in for the night but that is more my pace anyway. It will be interesting to see how I balance grandma and mom pace at the same time.

No comments: