Tuesday, September 2, 2008


Scott and I went to the hospital on her due date to have her induced as planned.
After 12 hours of labor it was decided that the contractions were not being productive and the doctor that I grew to love and trust recommended a c-section.
Heather had gone to pick up the little ones and some of the kids went to get dinner for the family.
Scott stayed right with me through the whole thing until they took her out of the room.
She didn’t have a name for three days.
G 10 Girl number 10!!!
We had already used 18 girl names without duplication and that was amazing.
I think that our pick of names were very different but middle names are usually common.
Scott had all very traditional somewhat old fashion names. Julia, Jessica, Jennifer, Jordan and I had Heather, Christen and Alicia, Mariah and Brooklyn.
I had mentioned Hailey for the comet because he liked astronomy he said defiantly not but, then after three days I put his middle name Haymore and my middle name Lee together to make Haylee and we both knew that was the name.
Haylee Catherine (after my stepmom and friend)It was like Brooklyn Rayn after my mother Lynne and her fathers middle name Ray.
Wow that was tough.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I love the name Haylee, the girl it belongs too isn't so bad either. Haha. Just kidding. I love you Haylee!

I guess I never really thought about the fact that you used 18 names and not once did you use the same one. It's like... luck. Or something. Cool. :)

Laura Willis said...

Thank you, I like the name and the little girl too.
She has a hold on everyone in the family.
Kind of like someone else I know who is going to BYU and sticking up for herself and everything.
I love you,
Mom