Tuesday, September 2, 2008


I am not sure why Nickie has Brooklyn’s whole head covered but it is obvious why it looks like Heather is about to spew a drink. This is our oldest 10 children at the hospital waiting for number 14 to arrive.
St. John’s hospital was incredible! When Scott and I decided to have a baby together we knew that thirteen was enough but we wanted to share the experience with each other and to have our own child together.
I was thirty six and Jennifer the youngest child was almost three so when we decided to do this I wanted to do it right away. I wasn’t getting any younger and I wanted Jennifer and the baby to be close.

Do you know why Mormon women stop having children at thirty six?
Because thirty seven is just too many =)

My last two children were delivered at home with a mid wife and it was wonderful, it had also been 7 years and we live out in the middle of nowhere now, so we decided to go with a hospital.
I found the right hospital and they helped me find a doctor that would do things the way I wanted, then we decided to try for our own little miracle.
The youngest three stayed with Grandma Willis but the rest were there for the day of labor. It was a fun family memory.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love the picture! I didn't even notice Brooklyn at first. Haha. That's hilarious! I love you Mom! I'm glad everything went well. Thanks for having an "Ours." we had enough of Yours and Mine already. :P