Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our car has been in the shop for over a year now.
Scott is a very sweet and understanding man, he has taken care of calling about the car
up to this point. I went in to pick it up a couple weeks ago because they said it was running and we gave up on the electrical problems we took it in for.
Julia went with me. I paid them and said nothing to them about how upset I was about the fact that it took them so long to not get the job done.
I got in the Mustang and Julia got in the Audi and nothing happened.
Hoping Julia had forgotten how to start a car I tried, and still nothing.
I was mad! I marched back in there and said a few choice sentences about it taking a year and not having time for this. I had an appointment 40 minutes away and I had to pay for it whether I was there or not.
Now it has been two more weeks and Scott called to see where they were, now the fuel pump is bad. We had just had it replaced right before we took it to them. Scott said he would just tow it home he was not giving them any more money.
Darn right we aren't giving them any more money! And they will replace the fuel pump!
If it hadn't taken them a year to not fix the car it would still be under warranty.
I called Scott and told him that I had just called them up and told them I was tired of their "the dog ate my homework" excuses and I want my car back. We have been told two weeks every time we called and continued to drive our 15 passenger van every where and pay insurance for a car we haven't seen in a year.
They said I will find out and call you back in two hours. He said they have said that to him too. So I waited and after 2 hours and 20 they called back apologizing for the 20 minutes told me where they were at with the car and that they would have to replace the fuel pump and they would get right on it. I said he does know that he has already been paid all that he is going to get doesn't he? They said yes mam they do.
When I talked to them today they said I should have the car by Friday and they would keep me informed about any possible set back, and that she knows that any set back will cost them business and money.
It feels good so far and hopefully Friday will feel extremely satisfying.
I will defiantly keep you posted. Julia we inspire each other!

4 comments:

Julia said...

I love you Mom!
I'm sorry about the car. I was there and know how upset you were. Reading this email has made me realize something. 'When my Mom says something -anything really -she totally means it'. I'm glad that I inspired you, but really, it was just you. You told me how to put my foot down and now you're doing the same. So really, I'm not much help when it comes down to it. Still. Let me know when you get the car... These people should learn that when you ruffle a mother's feathers -especially my mother- things could get very ugly.
I love you. I do hope you guys get your car. I'm sure it totally kills to have to drive the BigOne around everywhere...ugh.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! lol

Laura Willis said...

It's back!!!!!
It may have gotten a little scary for them thinking I would come down there and let them have it, but it didn't get ugly.
After all this time I can't promise it wouldn't have if they had continued they way they were. I was pretty upset with them and really tired of all the excuses.
Thank you for your support.
Love mom

Sheri said...

WOW. a YEAR?!!?!? I can't say how mad that makes me, and it isn't even ME they are jacking around! I'm still steaming over this...