Wednesday, March 25, 2009





We had a pack meeting about a month ago. The dad's and their boys make a cakes together and they get judged at the meeting. Categories are best tasting, best looking, most colorful and most creative that kind of thing. I think next year we will pick a category and aim for that. We had some professionals this year. Things like the sword and the stone and fancy coconut ones too. They always have fun with their dad and everyone gets a certificate and lots of cake. =) James is has his Wolf and several arrows. He can't officially start working on his Bear till he turns nine.
Joseph is in WEBLOES and is earing everything. He has so many belt loops he has no place to put them and has a baggie full of patches and things he has earned at every meeting. They love Scouts.
This is all new to me but I am learning fast. I have been a den leader for almost a year. I started with Joseph and then I got James too for a couple weeks till Joseph moved up. They move up when they turn ten so I will get to keep James till next July. =) It is amazing how much they can learn and earn so early in Scouts.
They have levels like Wolf and Bear but they also have electives like arrows, belt loops and pins. It is a lot of fun every week.

No comments: